“Curiouser and Curiouser!” cried Alice…
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Welcome to Chasing Reference’s weekly roundup of the curious articles and links that have caught our eye this week!
- The shortlists for the Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction & Nonfiction, a new award presented by Booklist and RUSA, have been announced. The winners will be announced at the ALA Annual Conference on June 24, 2012, and at least some of us will be there live to see it!
- Lane Wilkinson ponders if librarians are experts and if so, in what?
- Readers and contributors to RUSQ debate the journal’s Open Access policy.
- The New Yorker expands and rebrands its book blog as The Page Turner.
- Ever wondered how a book is born? This infographic shows you how.
- Want to read Pepys’ diary one day at a time? You’re in luck: it’s now online.
- Finally: Shakespeare’s insults are now available animated.